SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE 15% is extremely efficient to remove red and/or yellow dye discoloration/stains in cargo tanks in Tankers caused by carriage of dyed gasoline cargoes.
Applications, Features and Benefits
- Heavy duty water based alkaline tank cleaner.
- Removes dye discoloration.
- Does not contain nonyl phenol ethoxylates or other estrogenic compounds.
- Free from hydrocarbon solvents.
- Completely safe to use on epoxy coatings.
- Effective and economical in use
Removal of Dye discoloration in Cargo Tanks
- Make a 2% solution in seawater in one of the slop tanks. Usually 2% solution is sufficient. Suggested water quantity: 30 – 50 tons depending upon ship’s size.
- Re-circulate this solution in 3 cargo tanks over 6 hours. 1 solution is usually sufficient for 3 tanks.
- Proceed to make a wall wash test on the surfaces, testing for colour.
- Rinse the tanks with either seawater or freshwater depending upon the next cargo.