Holdcoat is a water based liquid product specially formulated to leave a thin, temporary film on cargo hold surfaces.
The film provides a barrier between the cargo and the cargo hold surfaces making the cleaning operation after unloading quicker and easier, and optimal cleaning result is achieved.
Holdcoat is safe to the environment and to the personnel handling it, and will not contaminant the cargo. It is noncorrosive and safe on all coatings.
Application, Features and Benefits
- Water soluble cargo hold barrier – easily removable with water
- Saves cleaning time and cleaning chemicals
- Ideal when cleaning after coal, pet coke and other difficult cargoes.
- Completely safe on all coatings.
- Prevents even the most difficult cargo to adhere to the coating
- Easy to apply – easy to remove
- Provides temporary protection against corrosion
- Water based -free from hydrocarbon solvents.
- Complies with all environmental regulations.
How It Works
After drying, Holdcoat creates a thin, non-sticky film on the cargo hold surfaces. The film substantially facilitate the cleaning before next cargo in two ways:
- The film fills the minute pores in the surface, and prevents that small particles are trapped in the pores.
- Small, solid particles can be very difficult to remove especially from organic coatings, even with the use of effective cleaning agents and high pressure water jets. The reason is the build up of electromagnetic forces, and some times the only way to remove the particles is by scrubbing. Holdcoat provides a barrier between the particles and the surface that minimize this problem, and the particles may now be removed with high pressure water only. The film is completely water soluble and is easy to remove even with cold sea water. To avoid re-deposition of contaminants a cleaning agent should be used, but at lower dosage rates than what normally is required. Holdcoat may also be sprayed on deck, superstructure and other areas exposed to dust during loading and unloading operations.