- Working Principle = Smoothening effect
- Use = Oil, electrical, petroleum product, gaseous substance under enclosed space, Type B fire
- Ships of 1,000 gross tons or more shall carry at least 5 portable fire extinguishers as required by 1974 SOLAS Chapter II Regulation 6 amended 1983. Co2 is a clean, dry gas and does not conduct electricity. It leaves no residue and can be used on delicate electronic equipment.
1. IMO Chapter 4 of International Code For Fire Safety System and Its Amendments.
2. GB4351.1-2005 Portable Fire Extinguishers-Part 1: Performance and Construction.
3. IMO A.953(23) Improved Guidelines for Marine Portable Fire Extinguishers.
4. GB4351.2-2005 Portable Fire Extinguishers-Part 2: Performance for Seamless Steel Cylinders of Portable Carbon Dioxide Fire Extinguishers.