- Working Principle : Smoothening effect
- Use : Volatile Petroleum, Paint, Oil and Type A,B fire
- Ships of 1,000 gross tons or more shall carry at least 5 portable fire extinguishers as required by 1974 SOLAS Chapter II Regulation 6 amended 1983. Class BC foam fire extinguisher for flammable or combustible liquid, wood, cloth, paper, rubber, etc. Not for use in fires of electrical origin.
1. IMO Chapter 4 of International Code For Fire Safety System and Its Amendments.
2. GB4351.1-2005 Portable Fire Extinguishers-Part 1: Performance and Construction.
3. IMO A.953(23) Improved Guidelines for Marine Portable Fire Extinguishers.
4. GB4351.2-2005 Portable Fire Extinguishers-Part 2: Performance for Seamless Steel Cylinders of Portable Carbon Dioxide Fire Extinguishers.